Sunday, July 22, 2007

Amberlee's Newsletter--July

HELLO FRIENDS!!

I am so glad that Lindsay decided to start up a newsletter! I am so excited to be able to hear from everyone and the events taking place in their lives. Hopefully we can keep this going for a long, long time...

Well, Casey and I have officially moved back to Utah! We lived in Florida for a year and hadn't planned on leaving for 5 years, but a work opportunity came up for Casey that we just couldn' t turn down - so here we are. We enjoyed Florida so much and miss our family there tremendously! There is nothing like moving 2500 miles away and growing physically, emotionally and spiritually. (Linds - you know what I mean!) It was a bitter-sweet feeling having to pack up all of our "stuff" after a short year and move home. I was extremely excited to be home, but I will never forget the incredible experiences I had as a Floridian!

We are waiting to close on a home here in Spanish Fork. It is in a beautiful new subdivision up by my mom's house. I wasn't too excited to live in Spanish Fork, but our circumstances kept us here. It a wonderful home that we can live in short-term until we can build something more permanent in a few years.

Casey is adjusting well to his job. He is working up in Salt Lake right now and is not enjoying the drive every day, but luckily it is only temporary! :) After being VERY bored in Florida, I have decided to get a part-time job. I will be doing some registrar work at a charter school in Spanish Fork. I am also their Drill Team Advisor and Dance Company Advisor. It is a 2A school that is in it's 3rd year and so I'm excited to get to build their dance program. While it sounds like these responsibilities will be keeping me busy, I have worked it out to only be at the school 2 1/2 days a week and have my sister tend Talon. This way, I still get to get out of the house and not have to worry about a stranger tending my son.

Talon is doing great! He is the best little boy in the world! (I'm sure everyone thinks that about their child!) He turns 1 in a month! I can't believe I had him a year ago! Time flies! He is getting ready to stand here soon... HOPEFULLY! He is being such a "chicken" about standing by himself! I'm hoping he will be walking by his first birthday... its not looking like that is going to happen! I thought since he was an early crawler, he would be an early walker. Oh well, all in good time! My family loves having him here. I think my niece Jayden is more excited than anyone since she can pick on someone smaller than her!

Surprisingly, it is beginning to come together here for us. We took a big leap of faith coming back here, and I think it was worth it! I look forward to the future and what it holds for my family.

I look forward to seeing all of you soon. I would love to have a lunch date once a month so we can at least see each other! Let me know if you are interested.

Amberlee

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amb--We will definitely want to get together in August. It would be nice if I could come to every monthly lunch date with you all--but don't count on it, haha!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Amb,
So glad you are back in SF!! You will do an amazing job with the new high schools dance program. They came to my competition last year and I know they are lucky to have you!! Talon is darling-can't believe he is so big! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Amb,
What is your address? I am sending out postcards with information about the Utah Valley Drill Invitational. I have the info. for the previous coach. Let me know.
Thanks!