Sunday, July 22, 2007

Carly's Newsletter--July




Hello Ladies,

It has been so fun reading the newsletters! Great idea Linds! First, I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to get together and have lunch. August works great for me. Brock and I recently graduated from the University of Utah. I graduated with my Mass Communications degree in Broadcast Journalism and Brock graduated with an Exercise and Sports Science degree. Although he does nothing in his field of work right now. He is in the CSD (Church Security Department) for the LDS church. He loves it and he comes home with some inspirational story every night. Most of what he does is supposed to be confidential but needless to say he is in good hands. Unfortunately he was wakeboarding last week and tore his ACL and meniscus on his right knee and will go in for surgery on August 3rd. He made it through four years of football without an injury and now this!

As for me I am working at UVU as the Artistic Director of both the Dance and Cheer teams. It is a new position so it has been fun the last couple of months to work with the school on moving to University status. I love working with the girls and it keeps me young! I also teach dance a couple days of week at Progressions- my aunts studio. And on the side I sell designer jeans! I sell everything from True Religions to Rock and Republics. It is really busy but I get to do it with my sister in law who lives in Spanish Fork so it brings me back to SF town every once in a while.

We live in the north end of Saratoga Springs. We really like it out here, although it is not another state is definately far enough out here to sometimes feel like it! Brock and I are sunbeam primary teachers. I am pretty sure I will not be baby hungry any time soon. Our families are doing well. My little brother Trevor just had eye surgery due to a detached retina, he is doing much better now. My dad is still single, what's new! Landon and Jenny live in Springville and my Mom and Mike moved to Orem.

I have talked to some of you about this but Chelsea Chipman has asked if our group of friends would help organize and plan our 10 year high school reunion. I need to get more details from her but I thought it would be fun and of course the coolest girls in school will have the best party!! Let me know if any of you have ideas. Can't wait to see you all!

Love,Carly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Car--
Wow, check you out miss Artistic Director of the Dance and Cheer teams!! I love it! I want to see some cute pics of you and Brock. Saratoga Springs sounds like a fun place to live. When I come out to Utah I will have to look at some of your jeans--that is one of my new obsessions, haha!! I am so happy to hear that you are keeping yourself busy though!